On September 12, 2014, WIlliam Tyrrell, dressed in a Spiderman suit, disappeared from the front garden of his foster grandmotherโs house in the NSW mid north coastal town of Kendall.
Despite extensive searching, repeated interviewing of persons of interest and the offering of a reward, there has not been any major breakthrough โ and the little boy, who was three at the time of his disappearance, has not been found.
Yesterday police announced that they will be returning to the town from where he disappeared to conduct four-week forensic sweep.

William Tyrrell vanished in September 2014.
While nothing has been revealed as to what has triggered the new operation, the ABC has reported that police are not expecting a major breakthrough or to find a body.
In a statement, police have said: โThe initial search, while extensive, was focused only on finding William โ a little boy who was lost โ and not with a view of deliberate human intervention.โ
Interpreting that, it seems that police will this time be looking for evidence linked with Williamโs disappearance with the mindset that other person/s were involved.
Earlier this year Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin of the NSW Police Homicide Squad said it was โhighly likelyโ police had already come across the perpetrator of the crime.
Det. Jubelin added that police hadturned their attention to a group of just a few hundred persons of interest, whittled down from a list of thousands.
โThe strongest likelihood is that weโve already got the name of the person involved,โ he said. โI would be sweating.โ
Later, he added: โEven if it is one person involved, I am sure that thereโs people close to that person that have suspicions about that person. Theyโre the people that weโre interested in speaking to.โ
An unprecedented reward of $1 million has been offered by the NSW government for any information leading to the recovery of William Tyrrell. Anybody with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.